1. I first started with 4 ovals, overlapping and rotated in different directions. Loading the script on to the ovals, created a flower like pattern. I wanted to have a more clear view of the lines, so I choose to trim the specific area to the size of the wave. Now we are able to have a closer look at the detail curves and lines.
2. The next step, I duplicated a second layer of the wave to explode and manipulate the surface. I turned on the points, F10, I started to pull the points to create depth with the surface.
3. I had to many lines to project onto a single surface, so I separated the lines and projected the lines on each manipulated surface.
4. The result of the first Simulation:
My first simulation made me realise where I needed to edit and add lines to help improve the half that was not successful. It became too overcrowded and the original surface started to disappear. The second simulation, I came back with more lines for the half that was not successful. We discussed and applied different techniques (changing the order of the line/layers to cut differently) to test out what other ways would make the other half of the wave work. After awhile we realised that the projected line/pattern on one half worked best in contrast with the original surface with only a few lines projected and pulled below the surface depth. It created a nice balance in emphasising the pattern on the suface.
The second simulation:
5: The room filled with blue snow, this process took approximately 3 hours including the simulation.
6: final model: