Hybrid losing hype…

After drying and some difficulty removing the inner blue foam mould. I finally got a great plaster negative mould

Next thing was to get ready to cast the resin.

Excitedly I waited overnight to see what would happen. The next day, I was greeted by a fully wet and unset resin piece.

“Maybe it needed more time, maybe the temperature isn’t right” (thoughts in my head)… A couple of days later, still wet on the surface. Curious I dug deeper and hit something hard. Looks like the resin set in some places and not in others.

“Maybe the plaster wasn’t fully dry, maybe I didn’t mix the resin right (more thoughts in my head)”

I thought I’d at least try to save the blue foam mould, but… disaster!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s