Once again we were given a template of a surface that had been pulled and pushed but could also be tessellated. For this task we were asked to create a pattern of lines that could be applied to the surface. I decided to use a pattern similar to the artist Kerrie Poliness. Once the pattern was complete I used the command ‘project’, which then project the pattern on the surface.
I then extruded the points using the commands we had been taught in the first task. When I was happy with this I booked an appointment with Andrew Thompson. We did a simulation and decided d what drills to use. When that was resolved we sent the file through to the digital routing machine and put the square foam block into the machine. I put on all the safety gear and watch to process to make sure everything ran smoothly. After the foam came out of the machine I had to file down the edges to get rid of any excess foam. I like the qualities of the foam; it almost appears as a huge ice block that’s been hacked into